I love pizza! Who doesn’t? This recipe uses my BBQ Jam instead of a traditional marinara sauce as the base of the pizza.
BBQ Jam Pizza
Makes one 12″ pizza; serves 2-4
Time to make: 40min
Preheat oven to 425F
Things you’ll need:
- pizza stone (I highly recommend investing the $10 or so dollars for one of these, just don’t forget to season it first)
- frying pan/skillet
- cheese grater
- 2tbsp oil (canola or grape seed)
- 1 chicken breast, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut into halves and thinly sliced into strips
- 3 large kale leaves, de-stemmed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 small jar (125mL) of Jordan’s BBQ Jam
Make your favorite pizza dough. I use the “Prize Pizza” recipe from Five Roses cookbook. If you want a quicker option you can usually buy pre-made pizza dough from an Italian deli. I’m pretty sure you can ask your local baker too.
Step 2. (the topping)
Add oil to pan and heat to medium-high. Add red onion, and chicken and cook and for 10 minutes until chicken is starting to brown and onion is transparent. Add kale to the pan and cook until everything is starting to caramelize. Remove from heat and set aside.
Step 3. (putting it together)
Lightly oil pizza stone (only a 1/4 teaspoon of oil as long as it’s already seasoned; if not seasoned make sure you follow the seasoning directions). Roll out the pizza dough to the edges of the stone and a little farther and then pinch in the overlap around the edges to make a crust edge. Spread Jordan’s BBQ Jam on the pizza dough base making sure to thoroughly coat it to the edges of the round. Add the cooked ingredients evenly to the pizza base. Liberally spread the cheese over the top of the pizza. Bake for 25min.